Position: Vice President of Data Science
Reports to: Chief Product Officer
Overproof is the first and only AI-driven business intelligence and strategic planning platform for the beverage alcohol industry. As a B2B SaaS platform, we provide powerful tools, integrated services and insights to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands of any size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Overproof is looking for a Data Scientist who is looking for an opportunity to work with an early stage startup to create a product to level the playing field for craft and artisanal producers through democratizing data. You will work directly with our CEO, CPO, CTO, UX/UI Director, and a broad community of stakeholders around our clients to define and create a new business intelligence platform to power a range of products. This position is therefore geared for someone who is invested in creating an opportunity for themselves and those around them and wants to define their own position within a company.
The person to fulfill this role needs to be comfortable in an often undefined and ambiguous environment. You are results-oriented and performance focused. You are a strong team player.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products, including:
- Evaluating third party sources of information.
- Creating proprietary data collection processes.
- Processing, cleaning and verifying data.
- Data mining.
- Machine learning and predictive analytics systems.
- Developing online and report based communication tools.
- Postgraduate degree in Data Science, Statistics, Computer Science, or similar field of study, or a Bachelor’s degree and equivalent work experience.
- Proven track record of leading data science projects to their successful completion including machine learning projects.
- A demonstrable expertise and 5 years post-study experience in Python and/or R with a preference towards Python.
- A demonstrable expertise and 5 years post-study experience in SQL.
- Experience with visual analytics tools such as Tableau and Power BI.
Skills and Abilities
- You are someone who wants to build and manage a team to tackle large complex problems that can impact and change an entire industry.
- You love solving business problems and creating innovative insights for our customers and our board. No problem is too challenging for you.
- Affinity with or the eagerness to learn everything about the world of B2B SaaS
- Strong strategic analytical skills – ability to transform complex, ambiguous and incomplete data into key business insights; can perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression and cannibalization, among other analysis.
- Commercial acumen: understanding of the business context; maintains strong working knowledge of consumer trends, products and portfolio management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills; can effectively present to, win support from, and drive decision making at client, management and C-level
- High level of cross functional collaboration: effectively partnering with Marketing, Control, Sales & Product teams
- Ability to visually present analysis, key insights, facts & figures in a compelling way, and to tailor content to different audiences
- Impeccable organization and time management skills to handle multiple projects successfully
This position is based in Miami, FL
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America