Position: Senior DevOps & Integrations Engineer
Reports to: VP Software Development
Overproof is the first and only AI-driven business intelligence and strategic planning platform for the beverage alcohol industry. As a B2B SaaS platform, we provide powerful tools, integrated services and insights to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands of any size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We are looking for a Senior DevOps & Integrations Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us bridge the gap between software development and IT operations. In this role you will focus on designing, deploying, securing, and supporting various cloud infrastructures and managed services that Overproof’s platform and applications run on. You will also be helping with the mapping, design, documentation, and implementation of various external data sources, system integrations, and workflow processes including interfacing with multiple POS (Point Of Sale) systems. The ideal candidate must be a team player capable of explaining complex problems and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences across functional borders and comfortable operating in a dynamic start-up environment.
You will support Overproof’s operations by focusing on infrastructure, support, reliability, resiliency, and security ensuring that our platform and services run smoothly.
- Help design performant and secure cloud API’s and services by advising software developers and architects within an organization on best practices
- Design, document, deploy, provision and manage resource security policy of cloud infrastructures
- Monitor, log, and maintain all Overproof’s services
- Pro-actively address security, stability, and scalability concerns
- Update services with many dependences while incurring minimal downtime
- Help establish and maintain robust release management and CI/CD practices and processes
- Implement and maintain integrations with external data sources and systems with a special focus on Point Of Sale systems from a variety of vendors
- Help implement data governance across organization
- Explaining complex problems and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject
- 5+ years of experience spanning cloud technical architecture, full-stack application development, and operations
- A deep understanding of deployment automation, infrastructure automation, and source control tools and processes
- Familiarity with a broad portfolio of AWS & Google Cloud ecosystems and experience with cloud infrastructure management and automation technologies
- Familiarity with popular managed service providers like Heroku
- Deep knowledge of SQL and familiarity with SQL and non-SQL databases such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB
- Understanding of general infrastructure and application security concepts
- Experience with monitoring and log management systems
- Experience optimizing applications to maximize performance
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience with POS is a huge plus
This position is based in Miami, FL
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America