Position: Senior Business Analyst
Reports to: VP of Software Development (primary) and Chief Executive Officer
Direct reports: Expanding team in 2020-2021, likely including a Data Analyst, Data Scientist
Department: Finance & Business Control
Overproof is the first and only AI-driven business intelligence and strategic planning platform for the beverage alcohol industry. We are on a mission to disrupt the status quo in our industry in the United States, and are planning our global expansion for 2021 and 2022. As a B2B SaaS platform, we provide powerful tools, integrated services and insights to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands of any size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. At Overproof everyone is a co-owner through our Employee Co-Ownership program.
We set high goals for impacting our world in a positive way. If this is you, we welcome your application. If not, Overproof is not the place for you to advance your career.
Overproof is looking for a passionate Senior Business Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. Your role will be uniquely positioned between the Board, Data team and Product teams. You will work with financial data, user data, sales and marketing data, as well as highly unique data sets generated by our proprietary AI algorithms and software.
You will have responsibilities internally, working mostly directly with the CEO and Software Development team building vast business control dashboards, and externally, interfacing with our customers and product development teams. You will contribute to building your data science and business analytics team, and collectively develop and improve our industry-changing analytics and tools.
The person to fulfill this role needs to be comfortable in an often undefined and ambiguous environment. Innovation is at our core. If we don’t have the data we need, we will strive to develop products and services that generate this data. You are results-oriented and performance focused. You are a strong team player.
You will support Overproof’s CEO (and founder), COO and the VP of Software Development by providing management information on all relevant performance, financial reports and accounting matters, including support in building and delivering business cases. You will prepare all relevant reporting input for the planning and reporting cycle of Overproof, both to internal and to external stakeholders. You will describe, improve and ensure adherence to operational processes in a very fast-growing environment.
You and your team will analyze Overproof’s customer data, and will work with our product teams and select customers in productizing robust and highly innovative reports for our customers, using Overproof’s software and AI-algorithms at its maximum potential. Your responsibilities include:
Business Partnering, Planning & Analysis
- Act as a business partner to the CEO, working on advanced internal reporting, optimize business models and develop customized business control tools.
- You and your team will work with the CEO and the product teams on the development of proprietary and industry-changing analytics for our customers, using Overproof’s and Sixdots’ unique data sets.
- Provide relevant analysis to commercial departments of Overproof, including insight into volume and value performance, and cost management.
- Conduct professional business planning, forecasting, and in-depth analysis, including full scope responsibility for delivering on a strong Governance Cycle and Period End Close.
- Guide and challenge business stakeholders on sales performance and spend activity.
Business Control Environment
- Improve, architect and assist in the implementation of (better) operational management protocols. You and your team establish and maintain a strong control environment within the organization.
- Prepare and deliver internal managerial and financial reporting and dashboards to the Board.
- Frequently audit our governance, management protocols and planning methods.
- Deliver full scope reporting on SaaS performance; design systems to measure and optimize high quality service delivery.
- Oversee our bookkeeping processes and continuously implement improvements.
- Provide domain expertise to the Data Science team
- Manage Data Science projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Mathematics, Business Administration or Finance, with a proven track record of 6+ years in Business Analytics, Business Control (or business intelligence), of which a minimum of 4 years in the Beverage Alcohol industry.
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing or other relevant field, with a combined and proven track record of 7+ years in Business Analytics, Business Control, or Business Intelligence in the Beverage Alcohol industry.
- Expert in Excel with regards to Data Management, Data Visualization Tools, and Data Analysis; able to architect strong business insights from multiple data sources.
- Experience in managing data analysis and data science projects.
- Affinity or experience with automation systems and data query tools like SQL and PYTHON.
- Experience with Machine Learning and other Artificial Intelligence systems preferred.
- Experience with relational databases is strongly desired.
If you feel confident that you have what it takes to excel in this role, but you do not entirely fit these qualifications, we still would like to meet you! We hire winners. Please send us a detailed motivation letter along with your resume.
Skills and Abilities
- You love solving business problems and creating innovative insights for our customers and our board.
- Affinity with or the eagerness to learn everything about the world of B2B SaaS.
- Strong strategic analytical skills – ability to transform complex, ambiguous and incomplete data into key business insights; you can perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression and cannibalization, among other analysis.
- Commercial acumen: understanding of the business context; maintaining a strong working knowledge of consumer trends, products and portfolio management.
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills; can effectively present to, win support from, and drive decision making at client, management and C-level.
- High level of cross functional collaboration: effectively partnering with Marketing, Control, Sales & Product teams. Experience with managing a team of analysts.
- Ability to visually present analysis, key insights, facts & figures in a compelling way, and to tailor content to different audiences.
- Impeccable organization and time management skills to handle multiple projects successfully.
This position is based in Miami, FL
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America