Leader, Platform Sales (Full Time)
Overproof & Sixdots
Overproof is seeking an experienced candidate to fill a senior leadership position focused on Platform Sales for our Overproof and Sixdots products. Our ideal candidate has 15+ years of experience in progressively senior sales leadership roles, and has intimate knowledge of and experience in SaaS technology products and sales, with experience in the beverage alcohol and/or hospitality industry highly preferred.
This is a highly visible leadership role where you will have the opportunity to contribute to building out the sales function and organization during a period of exciting growth for our company. You’ll be working directly with the CEO and CTO/CPO, and will report to our COO. You will be an integral part of our Leadership Team.
You have has a deep-rooted understanding of the world of SaaS, POS and business strategic/commercial planning platforms. You have extensive sales and revenue development leadership experience, having headed national and multi-layered sales and business development teams. You will be responsible for managing and recruiting a best-in-class sales and business development team that is capable of delivering on our aggressive sales goals for our Overproof and Sixdots technology platforms.
You have a deep understanding of the hospitality and beverage alcohol industries, with an actionable network of decision makers in companies ranging from national restaurant chains, POS manufacturers and resellers, to distilleries, breweries and wineries. You have a keen understanding and desire to ensure customer success at the highest level of satisfaction post sales and throughout the customer life-cycle. You are intimately familiar with sales progress and effectiveness reporting. Familiarity with Zoho CRM is a plus.
Our company has committed to an aggressive growth track for the coming years, including international expansion. You have a strong work ethic to identify and drive sales opportunities to completion. You have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude and are a strong team player.
We offer discounted benefits, 20 days PTO + 8 company holidays and a competitive, tiered base pay. And as to be expected with a young technology company, we offer an Employee Co-Ownership Program (ECOP).
- Structure, recruit and lead our national sales and business development organization.
- Identify new revenue opportunities, and drive revenue forecasting across our core platforms.
- Translate business and sales objectives into actionable goals and KPIs for your teams; manage teams to achieve and exceed set goals.
- Define and implement comprehensive sales operations and ways of working.
- Collaborate with Marketing to ensure sales approach, narrative and materials are fit for purpose given our diverse customer base.
- Collaborate with Customer Success to maximize customer satisfaction, retention and up-sell/cross-sell opportunities.
- Create and manage the overall sales budget.
- Develop and maintain internal sales reporting and effectiveness systems, with a core focus on our CRM administration.
- Contribute to product development, providing the Product and Development teams with actionable insights from the market and customers.
- Drive cross functional business partnership, working closely with multiple leaders in the organization while thinking through the key sales requirements.
- Contribute to the definition of our medium and long-term business strategy, allowing us to rapidly scale nationally and internationally.
- 15+ years of progressive sales leadership experience, including creating and managing national sales teams.
- 5+ years of SaaS and subscription-based enterprise sales experience.
- Strong experience with business strategy/commercial planning platform sales.
- Experience with POS sales in the restaurant and hospitality industries preferred.
- Keen focus on structuring sales processes; experience in creating and implementing internal control policies.
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment.
- Ability to work seamlessly with a senior management team and mentor/lead junior team members.
- Comfort and experience with working in a startup organization, multi-tasking, learning quickly, problem-solving and rolling up your sleeves to get things done.
This role requires on-site presence in our office in Miami, FL. We are located in a brand-new office building, operated by WeWork.
We are disinfecting common areas multiple times per day and are providing complimentary sanitization products in our spaces, including hand sanitizer dispensers, wipe dispensers, and boxes of gloves.
Prioritizing personal space
You will have access to modified shared spaces with staggered seating and buffer zones indicated by floor vinyl and tabletop vinyl. Teams can practice healthy social distancing in the workplace. Our dedicated office is frequently deep-cleaned and prepared for social distancing.
We encourage COVID vaccination
Our CEO, CPO/CTO and COO all received a vaccination.