Senior Financial Controller (SaaS) (Full Time)
with an opportunity to fast-track to CFO!
Overproof is seeking an experienced “SaaS” Financial Controller who gets excited about creating financial and business control systems from the ground up. Experience in a SaaS environment is required. Please do not apply if this is not part of your background.
Overproof is the first and only business intelligence company that creates commercial planning, execution and tracking tools for the beverage alcohol and hospitality industries.
Overproof’s products provide customers access to real-time insights, proven methodologies, industry networks and automated tracking tools that build business success. The innovative suite includes the Overpoof platform, a commercial planning and execution management portal and mobile app fueled by Overproof Insights; Tastings, an online portal and mobile app that enables beverage alcohol brands to execute off-premise sampling events; Sixdots, an all-in-one integrated technology platform for bars and restaurants; and CompanyToast, a virtual happy hour program that creates employment opportunities for bartenders, a highly experiential brand activation for suppliers and a fun virtual activity for companies and participants.
At the core of our products is the belief that actionable insights inform better decisions that fuel business growth. Following B Corporation guidelines, Overproof combines business and social goals and actively gives back to the communities it serves.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
About the Position:
This is a highly visible role where you will have the autonomy to build out the financial and business control function during a period of exciting growth. As our Financial Controller, you’ll be working directly with the CEO and COO. You will be responsible for managing and recruiting a best-in-class team that yields useful, accurate, and timely reporting and control systems.
Our new Financial Controller has a deep-rooted understanding of the world of SaaS, with at least 5 years of experience working for a fast-growing SaaS company. You have deep knowledge of all SaaS key metrics such as ARR, CAC, Churn, and LTV. And you enjoy architecting new control systems relevant to our core business.
The Financial Controller will be the steward of our company’s corporate governance, accounting and financial reporting. You’ll be closely involved with investor relations and future fundraising rounds.
This is a great opportunity that will take vision, strategy, and organization to pull off. The initial focus for this role is to ready the business for fast growth and international expansion. It is a huge plus if you have previous experience with Zoho Finance and Analytics. However, Overproof is always open to migrate to better suited solutions to get the job done (better).
About you: You have a strong work ethic to drive processes to completion and have a “roll up your sleeves” attitude. This is not your first rodeo in SaaS; you’ve seen and done this before.
We offer discounted benefits, 20 days PTO + 8 company holidays and a competitive, tiered base pay. And as to be expected with a young technology company, we offer an Employee Co-Ownership Program (ECOP).
- Define financial operations. You will help define processes, systems, and metrics for financial operations using your exceptional accounting skills. This will include migrating our accounting system and working with our development teams to implement and/or improve our subscription management and payment systems.
- Develop internal control systems.Work with team leaders to develop controls and processes that identify and evaluate potential risks while also mitigating those risks
- Maintain financial integrity. Account for all movement of funds and reconciling all balances internally and externally.
- Create and Own month-end processes. You will lead full-cycle accounting to yield accurate and timely month-end close and reporting. You will design the accounting close process and work with both internal and external partners to drive process improvement.
- Complete ownership of GL.You will own the general ledger structure of the company and the financial books. You will develop AR, AP, bank reconciliations, cash management, and other accounting policies and ensure compliance with those policies.
- Global Tax Compliance. You will help think through complex tax issues and help ensure tax compliance. Experience in the UK is a plus.
- Complete successful audits with our partners of the company’s financial books to ensure good standing.
- Cross functional business partnership. You will work closely with multiple leaders at the organization and provide meaningful recommendations that help us scale while thinking through the key accounting and reporting requirements.
- Investor relations. You will work closely with the CEO on the preparation of new funding rounds, and investor reports.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- SaaS & Fintech/Payments experience
- 8+ years of progressive accounting experience
- Knowledgeable on all aspects of GAAP, excellent technical accounting skills, and strong proficiency in revenue recognition
- Keen focus on accounting processes and experience creating and implementing internal control policies
- Effective written and interpersonal communication skills and the ability to build a positive, team-oriented environment
- Ability to work well with a senior management team as well as mentor/lead junior team members
- Comfort and experience with working in a startup organization, multi-tasking, learning quickly, problem-solving and rolling up your sleeves to get things done
This role requires on-site presence in our office in Miami, FL. We are located in a brand-new office building, operated by WeWork.
We are disinfecting common areas multiple times per day and are providing complimentary sanitization products in our spaces, including hand sanitizer dispensers, wipe dispensers, and boxes of gloves.
Prioritizing personal space
You will have access to modified shared spaces with staggered seating and buffer zones indicated by floor vinyl and tabletop vinyl. Teams can practice healthy social distancing in the workplace. Our dedicated office is frequently deep-cleaned and prepared for social distancing.
We encourage COVID vaccination
Our CEO and COO both received a vaccination.