Position: Mid/Senior Data Engineer
Reports to: Vice President of Development
Department: Software Development
Overproof is the first and only AI-driven business intelligence and strategic planning platform for the beverage alcohol industry. As a B2B SaaS platform, we provide powerful tools, integrated services and insights to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands of any size.
Overproof is looking for a mid- to senior-level Data Engineer to join our rapidly growing team to help us wrangle vast amounts of information coming into our data-driven platform and applications from disparate sources. In this role you will be involved in architecting, building, monitoring, and maintaining every step of the data flow, from configuring data sources to integrating analytical tools. The ideal candidate is an experienced software developer with a passion for and skills in working with data. You must be a customer-success oriented team player capable of explaining complex problems and solutions to technical and non-technical audiences across functional borders, and be comfortable operating in a dynamic start-up environment.
We offer discounted benefits, 20 days PTO + 8 company holidays and a competitive base pay. And as to be expected with a young technology company, we offer an Employee Co-Ownership Program (ECOP).
- Develop and maintain scalable data pipelines and build out new API integrations.
- Collaborate with analytics and business teams to support data models and queries that feed business intelligence tools.
- Implement processes and systems to monitor data quality, ensuring production data is always accurate and available.
- Perform data analysis required to troubleshoot and resolve data related issues.
- Work closely with engineers, product managers, and analysts to help shape the product and data platform architecture.
- Design and evaluate open source and vendor tools.
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or closely related subject.
- 5+ years of experience spanning software development and data work on commercial projects.
- A deep understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Deep knowledge of database design, data modeling and warehouse architecture.
- Proficiency with SQL.
- Experience with SQL and non-SQL databases, such as PostgreSQL and MongoDB.
- Experience with warehousing solutions like Redshift and Snowflake.
- Experience with building ETL/ELT pipelines and tools like Airflow, DBT, and FiveTran.
- Experience with BI/Analytics tools like Quicksight, Tableau, PowerBI.
- Understanding and working knowledge of AWS and GCP cloud services.
- Experience with Elasticsearch is a huge plus.
This position is based in Miami, FL
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.