Position: Data Analyst
Reports to: VP Software Development
Overproof is the first and only AI-driven business intelligence and strategic planning platform for the beverage alcohol industry. As a B2B SaaS platform, we provide powerful tools, integrated services and insights to suppliers of beverage alcohol brands of any size.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, nationality, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Overproof is looking for a Data Analyst to join our rapidly growing team. You will interact directly with our leadership, data scientists and engineers, product development, and a broad community of stakeholders around our clients to define and create a new business intelligence platform to power a range of products. The ideal candidate must be comfortable operating in a dynamic start-up environment.
Your primary focus will be in applying data mining techniques, doing statistical analysis, and building high quality prediction systems integrated with our products, including:
- Evaluating third party sources of information
- Creating proprietary data collection processes
- Processing, cleaning and verifying data
- Data mining
- Machine learning and predictive analytics systems
- Developing online and report-based communication tools
- Strong analytical skills – ability to transform complex, ambiguous and incomplete data into key business insights
- Experience in visual analytics and visualization tools
- Experience in Excel with regards to Data management, reporting, and analysis
- Experience with databases and query languages like SQL and scripting languages like Python
- Great communication, organization, and time management skills to handle multiple projects
- Experience in the beverage alcohol industry is a plus
Skills and Abilities
- You love solving business problems and creating innovative insights for our customers and our board. No problem is too challenging for you.
- Affinity with or the eagerness to learn everything about the world of B2B SaaS
- Strong strategic analytical skills – ability to transform complex, ambiguous and incomplete data into key business insights; can perform complicated analysis like forecasting, regression and cannibalization, among other analysis.
- Commercial acumen: understanding of the business context; maintains strong working knowledge of consumer trends, products and portfolio management
- Strong interpersonal, communication and influencing skills; can effectively present to, win support from, and drive decision making at client, management and C-level
- High level of cross functional collaboration: effectively partnering with Marketing, Control, Sales & Product teams
- Ability to visually present analysis, key insights, facts & figures in a compelling way, and to tailor content to different audiences
- Impeccable organization and time management skills to handle multiple projects successfully
This position is based in Miami, Fla.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the United States of America.